Personal Coaching Services
Coach Gareth offers 5 levels of monthly training retainers. Each one includes a fully custom training program, built to suit your goals, lifestyle and physiology. Each program includes relevant metabolic training sessions (swim, bike and run) plus technique development work along with Strength, Core and Flexibility training.
The difference between the levels is simply the amount of interaction and personal coaching received. At the Bronze level, you get a fully custom program and occasional check-ins with Coach Gareth, whereas the Platinum Plus level offers unlimited interaction, frequent one2one coaching sessions, data review and custom nutrition support.
IMPORTANT: All athletes must undertake TRIO laboratory testing (Lactate and/ or VO2) prior to starting a coaching program. All testing fees are in addition to monthly coaching fees. Click the TRIO button in the top right corner of this page to learn more.
|COACHING LEVEL/SERVICES||Custom Program||Email Consulting||Program Revisions||Journal Review||Phone Consultating||Nutrition Advice||One2One Coaching||Monthly Fee|
|**NOTE: MONTH ONE FEES ARE SUBJECT TO AN ADDITIONAL $100 SET-UP AND PLANNING FEE**|
For the self sufficient athlete who wants a custom program and occasional coach interaction
For the athlete who wants a custom program with regular consulting and analysis with Coach Gareth
For the athlete who wants frequent interaction, unlimited program modifications and one2one coaching
|YES||Unlimited||Weekly||Weekly||Bi-Weekly||Articles||2x per month||$675|
For the athlete who wants a premier, hands-on coaching experience with frequent and unlimited consulting
|YES||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Custom||4x per month||$995|
For the athlete who wants the premier, hands-on coaching experience with VIP personal coaching and analysis
|YES||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Custom||8x per month||$1695|
Training & Race Fueling : Consultation & Prescription
Performance Lab Services
TRIO Scientific Sports Nutrition Program
TRIO Swim Video & Lactate Analysis
TRIO Bike & Run lactate / VO2 testing with biomechanical assessments
For more, visit go2trio.com
TRIO Triathlon Workout
For more, visit go2trio.com
For Lab testing services including Blood Lactate, VO2 and Swim Video Analysis – visit TRIO at www.go2trio.com
Over the course of 3 years, Gareth helped me win Ironman races and national championships. He taught me how to train with science and fuel my races so that I could race fast without cramping or bonking. – Jan Strangmuller
- Accurate Training & Optimal Recovery = Peak Performance. Athletes get stronger by recovering and repairing after a new training stimulus. Therefore, most programs are built on a the basis of a 2 week build + 1 week of active recovery structure.
- Periodisation. Each athlete has a personal season plan, which lays out all the chosen events and builds fitness systematically to peak on the correct day. Athletes are encouraged to think long-term, meaning that it is best to focus on building fitness and performance over many seasons so that the body can adapt injury free, getting stronger every year.
- Healthy athletes outperform those who overtrain and are regularly ill. We never sacrifice health for fitness and never train when sick. Athletes are encouraged to listen to their body, back off and communicate with Coach Gareth immediately if they sense any illness/ signs of injury or heavy fatigue.
- Sports science is vital. The lab testing (which is compulsory for Coach Gareth athletes) teaches us what stimulus the body requires to gain fitness and how the body has reacted to a certain training program. From here accurate training using heart rate, power/ pace and rate of perceived exertion can be created to maximize available time.
- Everyone needs an individualized, custom program built to suit their physiology, time available, lifestyle and goals. There is no cookie cutter with personal coaching programs from Coach Gareth. The initial program is often changed and fine-tuned throughout the training cycle as dictated by the athlete’s changing needs.
- Complete Athletes. All programs are designed to create “complete” athletes who are maximally developed in all areas of their physiology. As such, programs include the relevant aerobic training specific to the athlete’s chosen sport plus strength, flexibility, core training, recovery techniques and nutrition advice. The depth to which these topics are covered varies depending on the level of coaching program but all programs include some level of help in all these areas.
- All athletes must undertake laboratory testing (Lactate and/ or VO2 with Coach Gareth Protocols) prior to starting a coaching program. In Los Angeles this must be done at the TRIO by Coach Gareth performance lab. For non-local athletes, Coach Gareth will co-ordinate with your local lab to ensure that the correct data is gathered. All testing fees are in addition to monthly coaching fees.
- All athletes will be expected to retest in the lab every 9-12 weeks to monitor progress and gains. All testing fees are in addition to monthly coaching fees. For more, information on the various testing options please visit the services page on the TRIO website.
- All athletes will need a heart rate monitor. Cyclists/ Triathletes are recommended to purchase an indoor “Turbo” trainer. Runners/ Triathletes should have access to a track and treadmill. Swimmers/ Triathletes should have hand paddles, pool bouy, fins, ankle band and a front snorkel.
- All athletes are expected to keep a daily training journal. Coach Gareth provides a custom template for this purpose. Some online options are also useable such as Garmin Connect.
- Fees are due BY the 28th of each month for the following month. For example, April’s fee is due by March 28th. You will be invoiced by 25th of each month for the upcoming month’s fees.
- Payment is by cash, check, paypal or credit card. Paypal and credit card payments are subject to 3% processing fees. (invoices will reflect this). All checks should be made payable to TRIO by Coach Gareth and mailed to 1411 S Westgate Ave, #203, Los Angeles CA 90025. If you wish to setup auto-pay so that your bank mails a check automatically each month for your services please ensure that it is in motion to arrive BY the due date. Cash payments can be left at reception of the TRIO office within the Velocity Sports complex at 11611 San Vicente Boulevard, Suite 100, Los Angeles CA 90049. Credit card payments require that a credit card is left on file with the Coach Gareth office.
- A commitment of at least 3 months is required to work with Coach Gareth on a personal coaching program. During that period it is permitted to move between coaching plans/ rates to suit your needs.
- Coach Gareth office hours are Tuesday to Saturday Inclusive from 10am-6pm (with some variation). Closed Sunday & Monday.
- All coaching fees are non-refundable.
- Gold, Platinum and Platinum Plus clients should be aware that cancellations made within 24 hours of a one2one session are subject to full charge/ forfeit of that session.
If a custom program is not for you or you simply want some basic guidance to help elevate your training experience then you might want to consider one of Coach Gareth’s training books or template programs available in the PRODUCTS store on this website